Meet Melissa Hammann
Owner and Lead Interior Designer for Rivera Décor
For over two decades now, I have been the founder, owner and lead designer for Riviera Decor. We have worked hard to develop a stellar reputation in the Corpus Christi and the surrounding area for excellence both in design and craftsmanship.
In 2018 and 2019 , we were awarded First Place and second place for Curtains and Draperies at the International Window Coverings Expo, This award is the “Academy Awards” for the Soft Furnishings Industry, a highly competitive and coveted award of highest achievement for the Custom Home Furnishings Industry. In addition, our work has been published numerous times in local and national media. We are the only Interior Design/Sewing Workroom to have achieved this award not only once but twice in South Texas.
While we are blessed with accomplishments, more importantly, we are blessed to have the outstanding clients that trusted us and choose to work with us for their custom home furnishing needs. We appreciate our clients and work hard to keep long-term relationships.
Why Choose Riviera Decor?
providing the finest to all our clients by….
– We are an Interior Design Firm that specializes in textiles and custom home furnishings combining the finest not only in design but techniques of high-end fabrication.
– We solve your interior design problems and show you exactly how with our digital renderings. All our design proposals are made to scale and produced in a booklet for our clients to keep and refer to. This way you know exactly what you are getting and minimizes any miscommunication.
– We use the principles and elements of Interior Design to complete the layering of your curtains, soft furnishings and upholstery to truly elevate the beauty of your home above the big box furniture store with our custom designs.
– We bring the shopping to you saving you time and frustration . With over 10,000 fabrics and trims to choose from, we are sure to find something you will love! All our design recommendations along with fabric and trim are produced in a design booklet for you to keep. All our recommendations are discussed at our design meeting and covered in great detail so you will know why the selections were proposed to bring you the most value.
– Proven Results of Superior Designs and Craftsmanship, As demonstrated by our numerous international awards and publications. Please see below
– Our designs and products are never handed off to third-party lowest bidders but are produced locally in our own studio and are available for you to observe at any time.
– We use techniques of high-end hand finishes and never glue or glue adhesives to speed up production. This means your custom pieces not only stand out for beauty but made to last for years to come.
– All seamstresses have been professionally trained by industry leaders and participate in National and International Forums, Attend semi-annual Industry Conventions for CEU credits and are also trained to not only meet but exceed published industry standards.
* Please note when viewing our Website… All photography used on our Website is our actual work and not purchased stock photos.
Our lead designer and owner, Melissa Hammann, is a graduate of New York School of Interior Design, with a Masters of Science and Bachelor of Business Degree both from Texas A&M . Melissa began winning national and international design and couture sewing awards beginning in high-school and continuing to this day (see Press & Awards below). After finishing her Master’s Degree and a successful career in education, she decided to return to what she loved and that is textiles and design. Training began at New York School of Interior Design followed by attending the Custom Home Furnishings Academy in Charlotte, N.C. The Custom Home Furnishings Academy is the place where the people in their field who want to be the best, train and learn from the finest in the industry. Many of the instructors at the Custom Home Furnishings Academy are published in notable design publications such as: Scalamandre Luxurious Home Interiors and Window Treatments, Beautiful Draperies and Curtains for the Home, both by Brian D. Coleman. Melissa is also a published author and Webinar Speaker – To the Trade. Please see Press & Awards below.
Press & Awards
– First Place – Curtains and Draperies, International Window Coverings Expo/ Vision Magazine 2018 Design and Workroom Competition
-Second Place- Curtains and Draperies, International Window Coverings Expo/Vision Magazine 2019 Design and Workroom Competition
– Article – Windproof Outdoor Draperies. Melissa Hammann- Riviera Decor, Bespoke Soft Furnishings Magazine – September 2017
– Article – Corpus Christi Caller-Times, Sunday Homes, May 28, 2017 . “Covered in Beauty”
– Article- Corpus Christi Caller -Times, Sunday Homes, September 21, 2014 “Fit for Royality”
-Article- Corpus Christi Caller-Times, Sunday Homes, February 17, 2008 “Creative Reflections
– Article – Student Success Stories- Custom Home Furnishings Magazine, September/October 2008
I am a strong supporter of the Custom Home Furnishings Industry and Women in Business. I am member of the Window Coverings Association of America (WCAA)- Virtual Chapter, wherein I serve on the executive board as President, and as Chairperson for the WCAA- Virtual Chapter Speaker Committee. I am also a member of Window Coverings Association of America- National and serve as a Board Member at large.
All of the quotes are from actual customer satisfaction surveys, and are available by appointment for review at our studio.
Book Your Consultation
Our team of accomplished professionals are at your service.